Today's marketplace is ever-changing and it's becoming harder to separate yourself from the competitors. From QR Codes to check-ins based on your location, mobile marketing is quickly changing the landscape of business. Consider these statistics for a moment:
- 96% of adults own cellphones - 37% of those are smartphones
- 82% of local searches result in offline action;
- There are 5 billion+ cell phone users vs. only 1.8 billion Internet users. Of those 5 billion, 51 million are using smartphones;
- Almost 1/3 of smartphone users who search for local businesses via mobile end up calling or visiting the location;
- The typical mobile phone user now sends more text messages than mobile phone calls. Furthermore, 73% of new mobile phone buyers report that text messaging is the most important feature on their phone. Text open up rates are 95% - and all are within the first five minutes of receiving.
Still think mobile isn't going to do anything for your business? Think again.
Mobile marketing brings your products or services to the customer in a fast way. We live in an "I want it now" society and mobile marketing satisfies the desire we all have for instant gratification. The already widespread acceptance of this new form of marketing is showing its value to brands worldwide. So if you're not on the mobile marketplace bus - prepare to be run over by your competitors.
Folks, the Yellow Pages along with other forms of traditional print advertising were great in their time but are now on the brink of going by the way of the dodos. The new marketing mindset is mobile marketing and communicating on the go. Your customers or clients want the convenience of communicating with you on THEIR terms - offer them that convenience through mobile marketing.
Remember - any product or service that has any type of commercial value can be marketed through mobile marketing - are you ready to get on board?